Act 2 took two days to polish. Today I went through Act 3, making the changes I’d thought about, mostly switching around scenes and doing small things with timing that make a big impact. I cut about 10 pages and will need to add maybe 20. I know what the new scenes are, where they go in the order of things. There was also a bit of tidying up because I’d made the major change, but not too much. So Act 3 has been re-revised.
Now it all needs to go into the computer. This might take a week, maybe less. I’m in no rush. I just want to do it right this time. I feel like over the past six months or so I’ve gotten tons of excellent advice from agents, editors, bloggers, and critique partners. Like icing on the cake as far as crafting a series romance novel goes. I feel like I really got it this time.
Now all I have to do is wait for a response on my chapters from the editor at Harlequin. I hope she sees that this time, everything works. I hope she asks for a full. And falls in love with it. All of this might take some time. Meanwhile, I have other things brewing including this.